Sunday, April 26, 2009

I bought water lily bulbs to grow in my fish tank?

so i've had them for almost a week and they have like this white filmy type thing arround them one of them that was in the water longer doesn't have as much but the other one is completly surrounded by it. it looks like a transparent spider egg's nest thinger.... is that how it's soposed to look or is something wrong??

I bought water lily bulbs to grow in my fish tank?
They are most likely dud bulbs that are beginning to rot. Many times, the bulbs die if they are left dry too long, however, there is a chance they could pulll through. I would suggest putting them in a shallow plate of water with a paper towel covering them. In the future, you should try to find bulbs that have already sprouted roots or leaves.


No comments:

Post a Comment