Friday, November 18, 2011

What causes calla lily leaves to turn yellow? Water? Sun? I have mine growing in pots outside.?

My are growing in pots outside. One was more out of the sun and its leaves are starting to turn yellow. It is getting plenty of water, maybe too much? Another pot is a little more out in the sun and is doing great. They are on the west side and receive later afternoon full sun.

What causes calla lily leaves to turn yellow? Water? Sun? I have mine growing in pots outside.?
I'm envious! My son made my callas go bye bye, lol! It seems very possible the one getting less sun has too much water. The water in the pot in the full sun could be evaporating faster. Yellow leaves are definitely a sign of overwatering, but could also be a sign of too much draft, or poor water conditions (such as water from a softener). Also check to make sure the pots are well drained. Good luck!

myspace layouts

No comments:

Post a Comment